Monday, October 17, 2005

She-bearing the burden of baldness

A lurker writes (edited for length):

Where'd your picture go? Confident bald men are a rarity, and your picture was an inspiration to my husband. He feels so self-conscious about his baldness. His friends give him a real hard time about it. It's all I can do to keep him from buying a toupee.

Mrs. Lurker,

My former web space has been cancelled since I moved across country. I haven't had a good moment to resolve the issue, but I hope to do so next month. Hopefully I'll have a new mug shot to go with it.

And let me say there is nothing wrong with baldness. Should anyone feel so bold to mock me, allow me a moment to offer this Biblical rebuke of such an act:
2 Kings 2: 23 He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, "Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!" 24And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys.
So there. Everyone can keep their bald jokes to themselves, and I'll keep the she-bears in their cages.

No comments: