"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
- Decca Recording Co. rejecting the Beatles, 1962
"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau."
- Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929.
"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value."
- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre.
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
- Ken Olson, president, chairman & founder of Digital Equipment Co, 1977
"Stormtroopers can't hit a Wampa at this dist..."
- Star Wars Rebel soldier, right before his untimely death
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
- Bill Gates, 1981.
"Apple ... What a dumb name for a computer company."
- Glen A. Williamson, deciding between a Sol-20 computer kit & an Apple II, 1979
"This is funny. People will understand not to take me seriously."
- The Gad(d)about, earlier today, to himself before posting this.