Monday, October 10, 2005

The real retro/metro meme

Marla Swoffer started this whole thing by pointing what she perceived to be the fine line of distinction between the two theological extremes. She coined these two sides as "retro" and "metro." She seems a bit dismayed that some might use this as a jumping point for humor. I'm with her. I don't know why anyone would find such comparisons as humorous. They're downright funny.

Dan, in all seriousness, responded by meme-ing Swoffer's list and highlighted where he felt he fell in the gaps. I consider Dan worthy of mimicking, but I just don't have the brain power or the energy to reply so completely, so I give you the Our Favorite Stereotypes Retro/Metro meme. I tag everyone in the whole wide world.

RETRO METRO
Hard Pews Cushy chairs
God's spoken WordWhatever
Colon-challengedMorally-challenged
Left-BrainedHare-Brained
PinstripesPiercings
Original textSlogans
ChildrenOops
Leno/LettermanJon Stewart
Grape JuiceMad Dog 20/20
MicrobrewMalt liquor
OpusGet Fuzzy
ApologeticsStar Trek metaphors
BaptistsHolistics
Holy TrinityMorpheus, Trinity, Neo
Heavily-armed compoundsThe coffee house
Ancient pastTime/Space Continuum
Hymn booksProjector screens
Big wordsMade-up words
Criminal JusticeFashion Justice
ProverbsReverb
WheelchairsSkateboards
Women"Honored matrons"
RantConversation
ReformedRehabed
TheologyEtymology
PscyhologyPharmacology
Josh McDowellJosh Whedon
Absolute truthAbsolutely Fabulous
SermonSome things my father once told me
The TruthThe Exception
Minor chordsPower chords

No comments: