Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Seven sevens meme

John at Blogotional has tagged me for the Seven Seven memes. This one looks pretty easy ...

1. Seven things to do before I die
  1. Have at least one kid.
  2. Play drums with Tower of Power.
  3. Learn Spanish.
  4. Drive a convertible Corvette from San Diego to North Carolina.
  5. Hit a Major League fastball.
  6. Beat my brothers in a game of driveway basketball.
  7. Make the perfect batch of chili that my father will have to (finally) confess mine is better than his.
2. Seven things I cannot do

  1. Draw. Not even stick figures.
  2. Stay organized.
  3. Remember names.
  4. Write with the precision and beauty of a Page 1 WSJ feature reporter.
  5. Run a mile. I'm really out of shape.
  6. Eat Krispy Kreme donuts. They make me ill. Dunkin Donuts, on the other hand ...
  7. Understand quantum mechanics.
3. Seven things that attract me to my spouse.

  1. She laughs at my jokes.
  2. Even when I'm caught up in the world, she's alert to the need to pray.
  3. She's really fun to just stare it.
  4. She calls me on my stupidity, but she does it gracefully.
  5. She doesn't get uptight when I want to play the occasional video game.
  6. She cracks me up, even when I try to be angry with her.
  7. She treats others with more care and respect than she is returned.
4. Seven things I say most often

  1. There's no such thing as "fair."
  2. Oh, that's acceptable ... NOT.
  3. I'm a doctor, not a pack mule.
  4. I'm a doctor, not a bus boy.
  5. I'm a doctor, not a garbage truck.
  6. [nodding head yes] Noooo.
  7. How does my hair look?
5. Seven books I love (American Lit. category)

  1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  2. For Whom The Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
  3. Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
  4. Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
  5. The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner
  6. Generation X by Douglas Coupland
  7. Life After God by Douglas Coupland
6. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)

  1. Shawshank Redemption
  2. Memento
  3. The Game
  4. The Big Lebowski
  5. The Princess Bride
  6. Usual Suspects
  7. American History X
7. Seven people I want to join in, too
I've learned my lesson in passing memes, but here are a few people who might not complain:
  • Brad at Broken Messenger
  • Brian at Sycamore
  • Teem at Totem to Temple

    I'd lay this at the feet of Jared and Dan, but they're attempting to overcome procastination deadlines for their books.
  • No comments: